Friday, April 17, 2009

True Lesson On Being a Less Judgmental Person



Elbert gave me the link of this video.

Clicked at it, and grinned.

As I saw that old lady, I knew it she is a total joke.
I immediately labeled her as "clown".
Something to laugh at.

Do you guys see Simon Cowell's expression?
The underestimating look he gave to the old lady?
I was also having the sarcastic look.

But as you guys can see, the moment she started to sing...
In just a split second, everything changed.

She grabbed all the attention.
She made it!

She is stunning! Superbly stunning! Stupendous!

And this gave me a lesson.

So often, we are being so judgmental.
We judge people by their appearance, without giving them chance to show their real potential.
We give label to people, we give value to people, according to our judgment.

But look at this video, doesn't it slap you right on your face?
It does to me!

Stop being judgmental people.
Who are you to say that you are better than anyone else? (I also speak to myself as I'm typing this).
Who are you to say that you are great, and other people are not?

------------------------------------

When you judge less and listen more..
You will understand why people do things the way they do.

When you judge less and listen more..
You gain compassion.

When you judge less and listen more..
You will find the beauty in ugly.

When you judge less and listen more..
You will learn about empathy.

When you judge less and listen more..
You will learn about yourself more than anything else.

When you judge less and listen more, you will learn that everybody has a story.

by: Larasati Silalahi.


----------------------------------------


Btw what funny is, the moment she started to sing, I got all goosebumps.
And my monitor went white, my MSN got error...
But her voice kept playing.
So there I was, sitting, staring at the white blank monitor, listening to her voice.
Lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment