Wednesday, May 6, 2009

(not so) New Commitment



Chill!!
No, I'm not getting married.
Not in anytime soon.
At least not until .. umm.. oh only God knows until when, lols.


I have made some new commitment.
Maybe not new.
I have been doing these back then. But I stopped.

I started to do it again. Then I stopped.
Started it all over again. Then I stopped.
I can see you smiling.
I'm sure each one of us has our own struggle.
Struggle on being committed upon something.

For me there are some core mistakes of my inability to hundredpercently committed toward something.

1. "Spoiled-Prince" or "Pampered-Princess" Mentality.

This is dangerous.
We tend to give up easily, when we meet uncomfortable situation.
When we are faced with obstacles.
Hey, being committed takes a process, and a process is not always easy!
Strip off your comfort zone, step out of it!

2. SLOTH.

Come on.
Raise your hands up, if you never, for once, skip your routine activity just because out of sudden you feel lazy.
We have to be a diligent person!

3. Mood Swings.

Maybe this is not a problem for everyone.
But for me, this is quite a problem.
I'm a very moody person, an artsy guy.
When I like something, I easily get attached to it.
But when I (out of a sudden) dislike it, I will throw it away.
I am fighting on this one!
It is always a battle for me, everytime the bad mood strikes, i have to see it as an opportunity to overcome it, and not letting it rule over me.
I am a FREE person, why should I be controlled by something?

4. Single-Fighter.

One of the worst enemy of being committed, for me, is having the "I am doing this alone" thought.
Sometimes I fall, because I think, "I am alone", or "Oh no one knows".
But hey, I want to let you know, that there is no such thing as "single-fighter".
We are all a fighter.
Tell your stories or your struggle to others, trust me, you will hear the most comforting sentence from people's mouth: "Me too... Hey you're not alone".
But of course, be smart, don't just pick people randomly and tell them your story.
Pick wisely.
And the plus point of doing this is that you could also possibly grab the opportunity to bless others.
It works both way when you share your struggle to others.
You are empowered, at the same time, you are empowering them.

-----------------------

Anyway, back to my (not so) new commitments.
Recently I decided to recommit on three areas of my life, spiritual, physical, financial.
I wanna be healthy spiritually, physically and financially.

Spiritually:
Reading the Bible everyday, and having a healthy prayer life.
Enriching myself with Godly and wise words.
Please do meet my new friends, New Living Translation and Message Bible, yes I am re-reading both versions.

Physically:
Doing exercise three times a week.
Control my sleep time.
Pick my food wisely.
Please do meet my new friends, Oatmeal, Eggs, High-Protein Milk and Dumbbell.

Financially:
Healthy tithing life.
Opening a new bank account and start saving soon!
Doing monthly budgeting every month.
Spend wisely, by priority list, only spend for what I need and not what I merely want.
Only take a cab if I have to go somewhere after 9pm (this one is like pretty hard!!)
This one is different, please do meet my new enemies, Blue Bird, X(SML), Starbucks, Zara, Pull & Bear, Nanonine!

---------------

I'm writing all of these not to brag.
But to whip myself.
So everytime I forget, and tempted not to give my commitment wholeheartedly, I can read this post again.
And please, for those of you who read this, do slap me if you guys see me breaking any of the three commitments.

*quitealongpost*

1 comment:

  1. this is a good one! Slapped me so hard on the sloth part :P yes yes, let's fight together!! :) :)

    thanks for the reminder brotha!

    ReplyDelete