Monday, May 4, 2009

I Heart My Friends

As I have mentioned earlier in my previous post,
I was having such a very bad mood today.
I was a little bit cranky, ok not a lil bit, but totally cranky.

I dunno why.
Maybe because of the super heat that Jakarta had today.
Or maybe because all the deadlines and the hectic moments I have to deal with.
Or maybe because of this, because of that.
I dunno.
Something has triggered the cranky me to burst out.

But, my bad mood, my being cranky didn't last very long.
Thank God, for all the good friends he sent to me.

Like Elbert, who was successfully making me laugh with his witty jokes.
Like Hera, who was asking me "How's the mood thing going?" then cheering me up, saying "Semangat ya, my dear Manado friend!"
Like Debora, who was so a little bit insensitive, she asked me to help her out, then after that, she asked, "I forgot, you are in a bad mood, right?"

And I was like, "YEAH!" Haha.
But that's ok, even in my bad mood condition, I had to help out a friend.
Nothing beats that kind of feeling.

Or like Irene, who later on buzzed me, told me that she herself just had a very cranky day.
Then we talked, then she laughed and thanked me for giving my time.
Again nothing beats this kind of feeling.

The feeling that you know you can give something to your friends and at the same time you can also receive something from your friends.
Healthy relationship for me is the one who knows when to take and give.

My point is this, maintain those relationship you are having right know.
Especially friendship relationship.
You need people that you can rely on (but don't be the kind of clingy friend, that's annoying).
It's all about balance, know how to give, know how to ask for a help.

Maintain it, because when you grow old, they will be the only ones who are really there.
And you will be grateful for having them in your life.

One of my beloved life and spiritual mentor, Sidney Mohede, once said, "Love people and not things. Because it is not what you have in life, but whom you have in your life that matters."

For example, it's useless if you are having a high-tech gadget like the newest BlackBerry, but you don't have any friends to chat with. What's the point of having it?

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. true! agree! totally! hahaha
    thanks for being the "glue" today ;) eventho u may be in a bad mood, but it didnt stop u from doing a good thing ;)
    i'm very proud of u today, G! ;)

    <3!

    - momsky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankkss.. i dunno why ya, but in every relationship yang gw involve, being the glue is like a default part for me.

    i cannot deal wif conflict haha, i wanna see peace and unity within my circle of friends haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, i didn't know why, but i felt like calling you that afternoon, and not anyone else. coz I knew you would help. it's just something i know about you, hen. and i'm glad to have u. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @mo.za.rell.a hahaha, i surely deserve a treat! a good treat!

    ReplyDelete