Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What is the best gift??

Thank God for the national election day.
I could stay at home all day and write.

This is my third post today.
Hope you don't mind.
Well this is my blog anyway, you don't have a choice, do you? Haha.

I wanna ask you a question, keep the answer to yourself.
What is the best gift that you can give to others?

Money?
Food?
Clothes?
Anything expensive?

If you ask me, my answer would be TIME.

Time is a very precious commodity in life.
You can not buy it.
You just simply have it. It's a gift from God.
You can not sell it.
You can only give it, by making a decision.

We all have the same 24 hours a day.
So there is no such thing like, "Your time is more flexible than me!"
No, we've been given the same amount of hours a day.
It's just how you manage it that would make the difference.

I have been busy lately.
But I decided to manage my time really well, so that I could spare it to others who needs it.

To friends who needs me to listen to their stories. Maybe only for 10 minutes, but it's something huge for them. I could choose not to response to their messages, or not to answer their phones, right?

To my company who needs me to be responsible. Today is holiday, but I decided to work from home. My friend even said, but this is HOLIDAY!!

To my parents who needs me to do all the house chores, to go and buy them lunch. I could choose not to do what they want using this excuse that I am working from home, but I decided not to.

Even to me, my future. I give my time to this thesis-thingy, but I still spare my self a ME time, to read books, watch TV series, listen to musics, updates this blog, prepare my own regular healthy breakfast every morning. I could choose just to sleep all day, but that won't be wise.

And the most important, to God. Just a simple quiet intimate time in the morning to greet and meet Him. To say thanks to Him for everything. I could choose not to do that, with the excuse that I am still sleepy, that God will understand me.

I'm not trying to brag here.
But hey, if I could do that.
You can do that too.

I call it investing.
Invest your times at the right soil.
You can make a lot of excuses of being busy whatsoever.
But hey, as I said before, we all have the same amount of time.
It's just take our decision to use it wisely.
To give it wholeheartedly those who are important for you.
To the important areas in your life.
To God.

So stop making excuses!
Manage and use your time wisely, will ya!

1 comment: