Monday, June 1, 2009

Waiting Patiently

I ran quite fast
Really fast to reach a point

But He tells me to slow down
Even stop
And wait

I sighed

A slight feeling of disappointment tickled me

Why waiting again?
What is it that You want me to learn
I thought I passed Your test

I grumbled

He said, "No, I want you to feel time
If you can feel it, how every second counts, you will appreciate it
You will not take it for granted"

I looked down

I tried to argue, keeping my voice from trembling

You know I don't like this
I'm an early adapter, I don't like to be the last one
I feel so left out
I hate to hear people talking about something that I missed
Because normally I always the one who tells them what they missed
I'm very good at knowing the latest trend, the latest infos, the latest updates, the latest news
I just simply don't like it
I didn't even want to reach that point at first
You are the one who made me feel excited to reach it
But now, as I'm running for it, You want me to stop
I can't understand You

I kept on grumbling, like a kid
Like an immature person

He knelt down, looked me in the eye
Then calmly He spoke

"But this is not about what you like, and what you don't like
Nor this is about what you want to feel, and what you don't want to feel
You're an agent here, a tiny part of this huge and complex team
I want you to learn not to do anything based on your plan
You are going to the next level, bare with it
It's worth the wait"

He stood up and offered His hand

"Now come on, hold My hand, walk with Me slowly
I want you to learn more about Me, before you arrive there"

I looked up
Grabbed His hand
And walked slowly

I whispered

I'm sorry
I'm going to the next level
I want to learn
This is not about me, this is about You
This is not about my plan, this is about Yours
It has to be less of me, and more of You
It's worth the wait
Because the glory belongs to You, for everything that You have done



So here I am, standing, waiting for my train to come

1 comment:

  1. Sabar yah nak.. It's not only about the destination but also your characters. SMILEEEEE

    ReplyDelete